Imperatix asked me five questions, and here are the answers:
1. From your posts, you’re very happy to live in the country. Is there anything you miss from living “closer in”?
I miss convenience (not convenience stores!) I'm about a 40 minute drive from variety of any type.
If I shop locally, someone else has limited the selection available to "take it or leave it." You settle on what's there, or mentally weigh out the 40 minute drive to get what you'd rather have. Not that I'm picky or anything, but I'm not a WalMart kind of person. It'll do in a pinch. I'd rather decide what I need or want or what will work--not somebody else.
2. I know you’ve got several pets; do you consider yourself more of a cat person or a dog person?
I must prefer dogs since I brought my dog with me, but let the cats go with the house. Did you know that scientists have proven that most dogs have the mentality of a two-year-old child?
I had 5 cats when I lived in Texas. But I also had 2 little girls when I lived in Texas. When you have little girls you invariably have kittens. Which leads to cats, and then, more kittens.
3. Have you always lived in the South?
Uncle Sam decided I should live in Indiana at one point in my life. He also decided I should live in Texas, too. I guess when it was my decision, I have always chosen Virginia.
4. You’re always sharing fun recipes on your blog.When you cook, do you mostly follow recipes, or follow the inspiration of the ingredients?
I read cookbooks like fine literature. I have many! I browse and more often than not, look for something I can make with what I have on hand, or look for something that I have a taste for--whatever that may be.
I read from the index, not the table of contents to settle on a challenge. Sometimes I veer off and throw in something to shake things up a bit.
I love flavor.
5. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry, and why is it your favorite?
I worked for a family-owned jewelry store in Texas and saw so much jewelry!
I prefer the unique unusual pieces.
I have worn this spider, off and on for about 10-12 years and have never seen another one like it.
I never want anything that everybody else is wearing.
So, if you want to play along and now be interviewed
by me, please leave me a comment or send an email
saying: "Interview me."
* I will respond by asking you five questions. I get
to pick the questions.
* You will update your weblog with the answers to the
* You will include this explanation and an offer to
interview someone else in the same post.
* Then others comment asking to be interviewed, you
will ask them five questions and so on.