Reading individual opinions on the same topic is more interesting and fun than I could have imagined, so I accepted my first tag. It comes from Micki at My Rearview Mirror.
The first rule of the game is to post the rules of the game. Here they are:
* Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
* People who are tagged need to write posts in their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
* At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
1. I alphabetize my spices.
I like cooking and use many different spices. It just makes it easier to find what you're looking for they are in alphabetical order. Friends used to think it funny to mess them up when I wasn't looking.
2. I use cloth napkins.
I figure I'm doing laundry all the time anyway so why not save a few trees? I had a neighbor in Texas who introduced me to this idea and I've been doing it ever since. I have about 3 or 4 sets of 12 and rotate, so there's always clean napkins.
3. I've been married 3 times.
First one doesn't count because I was young and it didn't last a year. Second time was 18 years and produced my two daughters. This time will be the last. Either it will last forever or I'll die a lonely old woman (according to JB). I was through after number two, but was persuaded to give marriage another go. I'm happy now that I did.
4. I miss my daughters every day. I have a really hard core case of empty nest syndrome going on here. It's been almost 6 years and I still tear up quite frequently.
5. I'm menopausal. (Do you think that might have something to do with the tearing up?)
6. I love onions. Especially green onions.
7. I believe self-improvement is a lifelong endeavor.
8. I spend more time planning projects, than it actually takes to accomplish the entire project. I analyze and over-analyze. (My oldest has commented that I suffer from OCD.)
Whew! Eight is a bit much... how about a compromise? Can you do at least 5 facts?
And I'm tagging Anna, KathyR, Slouching Mom, , Hoss, (un)relaxeddad, blackbird, Imperatix, and Patriside.