Wednesday, January 16

The High Cost of Education

I splurged and made myself a wonderful ham and cheese omelet yesterday morning before school , complete with portabello mushrooms and onions. I usually start my day with a bowl of Grape Nuts Trail Mix Crunch (wonderful tasting stuff) but had a taste for something different.

As I started my 25 minute commute to class, I felt the twinge of stomach pains. I dismissed it and drove on.

I was within 5 minutes of school, when I realized it could be dismissed no more. I made a quick stop at the local McDonald's. My lovely omelet had turned out to be a gut grenade.

I was an hour into my lab class, when the grenade began exploding again. I slipped out quietly and, in an attempt to diffuse it, stopped by the bookstore for assistance.


Can you believe I paid $1.19 for one Pepcid pill? Puhleese!

I spent the evening in a fetal position...

When I returned to school this morning,
the parking lot was packed so I made my own spot.
Wrong move...


But can you believe that for making my own spot I got a $15.00 parking ticket?
Geez! Fifteen bucks!

If they were trying to teach me a lesson, they succeeded. From now on,
I will pack my own Tums or Rolaids and I will definitely park between the lines.
And, as for the omelet? I think I'll start dating the ham in the frig with a grease pencil.

11 comments:

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Hope you're on the mend soon.

The breakfast sounded quite good, though...

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Sympathy - and especially about the fine. Stomach bugs come and go but traffic fines can rankle...

S said...

double whammy -- i'm sorry.

Anonymous said...

$1.19 is cheap when your stomach is trying to kill you.

For $15, I hope they valet parked your car.

cce said...

LOL and I don't mean to take pleasure from your pain but this is such a familiar scenario to me, who has the most unpredictable and unstable stomach on the planet. I spent half the day yesterday in the fetal position, willing away stomach cramps and such. And so sorry about the parking ticket. Such an unsexy way to spend cash!

Kellan said...

Made your own spot - HA! Yep - parking between the lines is always a good course of action - sorry about the ticket. Take care and have good weekend. Kellan

Unknown said...

Thank god its the weekend. Sounds like you had quite the string of bad luck. (Have a GOOD weekend!)

Nessa said...

So that's how they pay the professors.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Maybe you should send in the diarrhea as your excuse?

firefangle said...

I am so with you on the ham. Would that we were organized enough to a)have a grease pencil handy and b)use it. Hope you feel better soon.

linda said...

Eggs and me are enemies. Twice I have been caught out. Grenade Exploding is a good description.