Sunday, November 2

Lady Bug, Lady Bug--Your House Is On Fire

The warm sun streaming through the patio doors
has invited an invasion of LadyBugs.

Since I live in an old house, the LadyBugs don't have to work too hard
at getting inside. Inevitably, they all end up inside with me.
There's a bajillion of them--flying and buzzing around.

This one looks like it's ready to take flight!

When I was a kid, I remember seeing Lady Bugs and reciting my own version
of the nursery rhyme:

Lady Bug, Lady Bug--Your house is on fire.
Your children are inside.
Your better get home before they burn up!


I also remember the Lady Bug scurrying off in a tremendous hurry
once I had said my piece. But, now that I'm 50 instead of 5,
I realize she was trying to get away from me.

1 comment:

linda said...

I love ladybirds. I used to think there were not so many around, but my son sees them all the time. Children notice more.

Ladybirds are such a beautiful looking insect.