2 lbs ground beef
2 envelopes Taco seasoning
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, cubed
24 uncooked, jumbo pasta shells
1/4 cup butter, melted
For the Casserole:
1 cup salsa
1 cup Taco sauce
1 cup ( 4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup ( 4 ounces) Monterey Jack cheese
1-1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
Serve with: 1 cup ( 8 ounces) sour cream & 3 green onions, chopped.
1. In skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain. Add Taco seasoning; prepare according to package directions. Add cream cheese; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until melted. Transfer to bowl and chill.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Gently toss with butter.
3. Spoon salsa into a greased 9-inch square baking dish. Fill each shell with about 3 tablespoons of meat mixture. (what won't fit into your dish can be frozen for up to 3 months!)
4. Top with taco sauce. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
5. Uncover and sprinkle with cheeses and chips. Bake 15 minutes longer, uncovered. Serve with sour cream and onions.
Later, To use frozen shells: Thaw in frig for 24 hours (shells will still be partially frozen). Place salsa in greased baking dish, add shells and taco sauce. Cover and bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Uncover, continue as above.