Sunday, October 19

For More Than Half A Century Now

My city-girl daughter included a hand-written thought in my birthday card.


From what I understand, if something is "the shit" it's a good thing.

I had a good birthday, and I'm embracing the second half of my life. The first half went so damn fast that sometimes I feel as if I am running out of time. There's too many things I want to do or feel I need to do. But I know also that too much planning can prevent you from enjoying what's going on right now.

As a direct result, I've made a conscious effort to enjoy life more.

My birthday dinner was crab legs and Caesar Salad.



In honor of Blue's 9th birthday Friday, he was allowed treats
from a Canine Party Platter all this week. In this picture,
he's having a preservative-free bone after a bath.


From here on out, I'm treating everyday like a special occasion.

(Note: If you're curious about the wine, you can find it here.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Happy!!!

Your dinner looks divine!

Imperatrix said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

Looks like you know how to celebrate!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! Oh I love the look of those crab legs.

Christine said...

happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy BIRTHDAY dear Mizmell.....happy birthday to you! :-)

so you are a libra, too? my BD was last week.

Kat Mortensen said...

OOps! Sorry I didn't make it over here sooner. Happy Belated 50th. I hope it was a good one. I've never heard that phrase before.

Kat

Anonymous said...

Darn it, I missed your birthday! I am a 1958 baby, too. Turned 50 in June. Happy, happy day!!

linda said...

Fifty - a good age (especially as I am closer to it that I was). Nice that you are welcoming it - it is just not that old these days. Happy Belated Birthday.