Sunday, June 14

A Dose Of Reality


We've been getting a lot of rain and thunderstorms here lately.

It's all we can do to keep up with the yard and flowerbeds.

There are times, I think we are fighting a losing battle.
I went planting-crazy a few years back and now everything is everywhere!

It's so hard to stay inside and study when you look out the window
and there is so much that needs to be done--everything is calling your name.


The city-girl daughter has encouraged me to "get my inner geek on."
I've been working at it. I've been cramming for the big certification test on Tuesday for 2 or 3 days now. Studying makes me a bit crazy. I can only take so much of it and then I must drastically change gears.


So yesterday, I decided to take the day off from the books to do some much-needed spring cleaning. I cleaned out from under the deck where I store all my gardening stuff.

I worked in the humidity (in the shade) until my hair was soaking wet--about three times.


Then I stepped into the cool of the basement to clean and re-organize the area that houses all my gardening chemicals and birdfeeders.


I drank Gatorade and lots of water, but this post-menopausal body just doesn't seem to care. I fell out just before dark after a shower and 2 glasses of wine.

2 comments:

Nessa said...

Your yard is gorgeous. Your brain needs time to absorb all of that knowledge, so a break is a very good idea.

Jen on the Edge said...

Your daylilies look terrific!