Tuesday, February 12

A Little Knowledge


I had a craving for fried chicken last week. Jb makes excellent fried chicken but the turkey cooker oil needs to be removed and replaced so I was thinking KFC. Quick and easy.

When my Jessica was a small child, she always called it "chicken right." That's primarily because of their advertising campaign that always boasted "We do chicken right."

I think it was last Sunday when I was on a birdseed, dogfood and catfood run, that I slid into the drive through and placed my order for an 8-piece bucket with 2 sides. I was thinking--if I time it right-- my arrival with a bucket of chicken would coincide with Momo and Pop's visit. They never eat at our house. They nibble sometimes--whatever I have cooked during the week that makes for a good nibble.

Well, there was no visit from Momo and Pop as I recall. Jb wasn't too keen on the thought of "chicken right" for dinner, either. He complained of the high fat content--this closet choclolate eater and lover of Shedd Spread on toast.

In an attempt to disprove JB's thought on a bucket of chicken as an invalid meal, I set out to do some internet research for nutritional content.

This is what I found.

After seeing this, I had no appetitite for "chicken right."

5 comments:

S said...

Oh my God. Sadly, I'm not surprised. Just depressed.

Kat Mortensen said...

Oh, I can't even click on the word "this". I'm too scared. Try to steer clear of KFC. I'm a proponent of free range for a start.
Kat

Anonymous said...

We won't eat chicken now unless its free range and organic - it costs but meat should cost, really. Otherwise one would eat too much of it! KFC (hypertension) is off limits for me, anyway - salt, salt, salt...

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

I've known for a while about the "nutritional" content and my arteries harden just thinking about it.

Anonymous said...

In this case, the lack of knowledge is the dangerous thing...