Friday, January 18

Something New Everyday

I think God threw me a bone when he blessed us with a snow day Thursday. He knew I was close to getting behind in so many ways.


I spent the day catching up on homework... and getting somewhat ahead. I did so well with it, that I was blessed with a second day... just to rest and be a bit lazy. Laundry's done. The chores are mostly done. I've heard from both daughters and life is chugging along... for all of us.

JB and I went down to my little friend's house down the road for Friday Night Get-Together. The snow is melting and the ground is crunchy from the cold. Look at the dog tracks!


But we were warm and toasty with the fire from my little friend's wood cookstove in the kitchen.


We visited for awhile and exchanged stories. I never knew JB was the ringbearer at her wedding! She is only 10 years older than he, but swears she changed his diapers.

She cooked a pot of chili and some venison stew and we couldn't leave without some to take home for snacking later.


She was delighted to show me how well the Desert Lotus I had given her last week was doing.

And the weatherman says more snow is coming!

Note: I'm feeling much better now, thank you, after that omelet episode. Thank you all for your knowing words of understanding and encouragement.

5 comments:

S said...

so glad you got some time to catch your breath!

linda said...

Hmmm, are you sure that first picuture is not a postcard? It looks too gorgeous to be real.

Nessa said...

I love the first picture too. Lucky you with a couple of catch up days.

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

It's so nice to be able to stop and rest a bit.

My girls love to look at animal tracks in the snow and ponder what made them.

Anonymous said...

How I miss the snow of childhood! Hmm, venison stew. That's what I want for lunch!