Tuesday, July 1

It Is What It Is

I feel like I have been neglecting to keep you all abreast of the happenings here in our little kingdom. There have been so many changes and adjustments.

Miss Jessica is gainly employed and enjoying "the easiest job" she has ever known. I get hugs every day and find comfort in knowing she is close enough to get comfort or give comfort when needed. She is honest to a fault and has pointed out that I am getting old, my pores are large and I don't spend enough time "making myself pretty."

She's 24 next month--it's obviously more important to her to be pretty, than it is to me. I have given up hairspray, and only paint my toenails when faced with open-toed shoes. It's just that I realize my energy is a hot commodity and should be used where it can have the most impact.

I am more settled, I think, with my position in the world and more accepting of myself and my surroundings.

It is what it is, as JB often tells me.

But I'm in a happy place. I am happy that I realize that spinning my wheels just tires me out and gets me nowhere. I am happy to realize I cannot control the thoughts of others, but only my reaction to them. I working on remembering this on a daily basis...

The new job is working out. I have 40-minute commute and a job that is more than I had hoped. Life is good and I am learning to ride the waves.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like things are going well. Being happy in the now is a great state of mind.

(I only wear toenail polish in the summer, too.)

Unknown said...

Wow. someday i'll get there, i hope. i only just started painting my toenails. I have alot of catch up to do. Also this summer my only hobby is getting a tan. I just spent 4 unadulterated days with my mom and i felt like i was thirteen again. She even told me to do something with my bangs. its good to be able to understand where jessica is coming from...i do at least feel at peace with my children too.

Unknown said...

ps. i am moving sometime mid july and will probably start blogging again in August. (i signed a lease that starts july 1st )

Anonymous said...

I know someone else who doesn't wear toe-nail polish either. Glad the job is working out.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've got a good summer going...

Handyman Amarillo said...

Goood blog post